Coney Island + Signs



I LOVE Coney Island so much, i've been interested in it and its history since I was in elementary school. I have a great time just walking around and looking at everything when it isn't too crowded, and some of the best things there are the signs.



The Shore Theater is a fantastic building, even though the sign is sadly removed. 



When you get off the train and walk outside, the first thing I see is always the Nathan's signs on the corner. I will seriously always love these, they're the best ones in the whole park to me, especially when they're lit up. 


William's Candy is a place we usually stop and see almost every time we're in Coney Island, the window is always great.






And here are some signs that I didn't know too well, it's really cool to see very old signage peeking out among newer signs and designs.  



I love the type and style of this one! Would love to go back at night to get a pic of it, don't think I have one. 



This is the area with all the games and food, there are a ton of hand painted restaurant signs, some that I noticed were gone or replaced. 



Near the Wonder Wheel are some newer rides and games, but I still love all lights on them. 



The Spook A Rama was always really scary to me when I was younger, with the demon looking creature on the top of it. The original monster on top, which was a cyclops, was actually in a Coney Island exhibition in the Brooklyn Museum that I saw last year. I read it's now at the Coney Island History Project (which I now plan to see.)



The Wonder Wheel and other rides are of course, the best to look at at night. 




We got some of these predictions for 50 cents, which was so cheap oh jeez ?! The card is so cute and totally worth it, plus the creepy grandma is great. 


The Thills sign looks perfect and very spooky from the back.




The Wonder Wheel is a trove of original signs, which is always cool to see which waiting in line.



This was also the most perfect sunset day ever to take pictures of. 

Comments

Popular Posts