Dinosaur Land: White Post, Virginia

 



I visited Dinosaur Land located in White Post, Virginia last year on a vacation to visit my best friend in the state. I've been wanting to see Dinosaur Land for a really long time, this place has been open for more than 50 years and has a variety of older dinosaurs and some newer ones. 



When you first enter the park, there's a large shark with a door you can enter and walk inside of. I dropped my film camera while inside of this shark and as a result there's some light leak on some of these photos but I think it gives it a cool effect. You can thank the shark for this. 





By the giant Dinosaur Land there's a sabertooth cat and some cactuses.




And one of the most impressive creations here, a GIANT OCTOPUS. I like the fun of mixing in some sea creatures among the dinosaurs. 




One of the most inspired dinosaurs here, I love his old man look. 



The park also features a lot of great action of prehistoric beasts attacking each other. As someone who's a big fan of 1950s and 60s dinosaur films that use stop motion effects, this reminds me a lot of the battles in them. 





A great graphic dinosaur battle complete with blood and neck biting.






One of my favorite things here if not my favorite was the giant King Kong, he's holding a plane and everything. 







Some of the lovely hand painted signs near the entrance. 

  

Overall an amazing visit! And their gift shop is super well stocked, they even have old postcards for sale. I bought one and then realized when I got home that they were really hard to find and people sell them for a lot on eBay. So get some if you go, they feature vintage photographs of the dinosaurs. I also got a shirt, sweatshirt, bumper sticker, pressed penny, pressed penny book, and more. 

More info on Dinosaur Land:



Comments

Popular Posts